One of the tasks needed for the Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 1, Week 3 challenges is to upgrade an item at a Weapon Upgrade Bench. You need to do this three times in order to complete the challenge.
If you’ve been playing since the release of Chapter 2, you’ve probably ran into one of these before, but maybe you don’t recall all of the locations. Thankfully Fortnite included several locations in order to make this challenge somewhat easy to complete.
There are 25 Weapon Upgrade Benches located all throughout the map. There aren’t as many in the center of the map, but there are plenty on the outside edges. If anything, this should make the challenge easier to complete as you can land far away and try to complete this task with little trouble.
MORE: Fortnite hidden R: Guide to find missing letter for Forged in Slurp challenge
Fortnite Weapon Upgrade Bench locations — Map
Thanks to Reddit user thesquattingdog, you can view all of the Upgrade Bench locations on the map above.
The map even helps you out with all of the other challenges listed for Week 3.
How to use Weapon Upgrade Bench
The Weapon Upgrade Bench is a new feature added to Fortnite with the release of Chapter 2. You’ll first need materials in order to upgrade your weapons.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Common to Uncommon: 50 of each material.
- Uncommon to Rare: 150 of each material.
- Rare to Epic: 250 of each material.
- Epic to Legendary: 350 of each material.
Fortnite Week 3 challenges
- Search Chests at Slurpy Swamp or Retail Row (7)
- Eliminate opponents with a weapon of each rarity (1)
- Upgrade an item at a Weapon Upgrade Bench (3)
- Dance at Compact Cars, Lockie’s Lighthouse, and a Weather Station (1)
- Deal damage with Common weapons (500)
- Mark an Uncommon, Rare, and Epic item (1)
- Eliminate opponents at E.G.O. outposts or Retail Row (3)
- Search Ammo Boxes at Landmarks (7)
- Search Supply Drops in different matches (3)
- Deal damage with Legendary Weapons (250)
- Search hidden ‘R’ found in the Forged by Slurp Loading Screen (1)
Above are the rest of the challenges you need to complete this week. You can follow our guide here to find the hidden R in Slurpy Swamp.